Tuesday night I went out alone but had a girl I was texting from OKC. She gave me her number pretty quickly after we messaged a few times online. There was a chance we would meet up but no plans were set. I wanted to at least go out and be social in case I could invite her to where I was. Earlier in the day I had joked that I was going to a secret strip club and for her to meet me there. She said she’d be with her friend but might be available since her friend tends to flake, so when I got ahold of her later that night:
Her:Are you hanging out at the strip club? 😉
Me:I already got kicked out of that place. They couldn’t handle this! I’m at **** bar now. What neighborhood are you in?
Oh I’m in **** too. **** bar is awesome. I think tonight we are gonna lay low
I’ll be heading out soon. I’d insist you have your friend invite me over but I don’t want to spoil your party 😉
Haha if it was my apartment I’d be down to drink together. We’ll def tip a few back soon
No worries. Take it easy.
You too, mister
I went home after I finished my drinks and got on POF. I noticed a girl that has viewed me before but I never got around to messaging. What the hell, she’s cute, tall, and fit. Artsy, tattoos, pierced – appealing to my rock and roll days of yesteryear. Single mom but I’m not worried. I’ve been there before. She starts up a conversation with me quick and we chat back a forth a couple messages. I mention I’m going to bed and she gives me her number. I text her to make sure she has my number and go to bed.
Wednesday night I text both girls. Girl from POF and I immediately start flirting. She seems fun. I really enjoy a girl that knows how to have a conversation. It’s not long before she invites me over to her house to have drinks with her roommates.
(I’ll continue this story tomorrow)
Meanwhile OKC girl from Tuesday writes me back as I’m having drinks with these new folks.
Her:Yo! It is finally time for a big damn glass of wine. I had so much work I had to take home w me. How was your day?
Excellent! Chilling with friends. A fire in april!
Yeah it got cool out! You are so social. I wish I had it in me during the week. I save myself for the weekend haha
Well look at that. Social proof without even trying that hard. She thinks I’m the life of a party.
After leaving really late from the party I was at I go home.
Tonight I’m just relaxing but decide to see if anyone is up to hangout. POF girl is real chatty and very pleasant (more on that tomorrow) but is busy. OKC girl writes me back:
What’s goin on tonight?
I’m hanging out w my brother tonight. We should get drinks this weekend if you’re down?
I can swing it Saturday night or, if you feel daring, Sunday night.
Good deal. I’m ready to drink whenever you are haha
There we go. She’s asking me out now because she knows my time fills up quickly.
I’m pretty happy with how things are going considering the Wednesday night hangout I got with POF girl.
So tell me, what do you think went well? Went bad? Did I lose my frame anywhere and didn’t realize it?
1. Be active and don’t just appear to be social, go out and be social.
2. Maybe don’t use too many smiley faces? I tend to cringe at them when I look back and notice I used them.
3. OKC girl has been very enthusiastic but seems like she can’t ever hang during the week. Maybe that’s her game and I need to watch out for that.
4. Keep talking to people, new people. Keep your social skills honed. Make observations of people around you that would make a funny story to include in a text.
5. Don’t spend so much time talking using the website. If she’s enjoying the conversation, move it over to text messages quick. Don’t spend the rest of your night texting her either. Have some funny things to say, tease her, and cut the conversation off or make plans to meet soon. Don’t feed any attention she may be trying to get from you for the sake of herself feeling validated before you’ve even met.